Rewind 15weeks ago…. I was at that point with a 3 week old baby. You know, in the midst of endless cluster feeds, sleepless nights and 7-8 poonamis a day. I genuinely felt like I might have to start sellotaping my eyes open, I was THAT tired. It’s hard to see past that when you’re experiencing it, and it’s VERY easy to start getting anxious and down about it all, even though you’re full of love for your baby.
So when a friend suggested writing down some of the things I was experiencing, and the emotions that came with it, I kind of scoffed at first. I barely had time to put a brush to my hair, How the hell would I find time to write?! But I did.
What started off as a way to process some of my feelings and my worries over lack of weight gain (the baby, not me….unfortunately) and the endless troubles I had with breastfeeding, soon became a bit of a sanity saver. I originally wanted to keep it personal and private, however once a couple of mum friends had a read over it and found they related to it, I thought ‘why not?!’ …..
Since becoming public, I’ve had so many amazing comments, encouragement and feedback that has made me realise that we’re all in this together as parents. And that’s the beauty of blogging.
So this nomination is a major bonus point – and for that, I have to thank Coldteaandtoast. Go check out her mummy blog – it’s so very relatable!
The rules of the Liebster Award.
1) Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
2) Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
5) Give them 11 questions to answer.
My 11 Questions to answer….
If you could be any mythical creature, what would it be and why?
I’d have to say a unicorn. Firstly because it’s the national animal for my country. You know, cos Scotland has millions of free roaming unicorns about. And haggis.
Secondly, back when I went to school, in 1912, or so it feels like, my best friend and i always ‘used’ to have a life dream of hunting down a unicorn….ahem. It’d be pretty cool to make my own dream come true 😂😂
Would you rather be chased by 10 duck sized horses, or 1 horse sized duck?
Definitely a horse sized duck. Purely because I’d fancy my chances a bit better – surely it would still waddle? And the increase in size would surely mean it’d find it hard to balance or go fast……?
Which on-screen couple do you relate to the most? (If you’re single, which couple are ‘goals’?
Sheldon and Amy from the Big Bang Theory. Except they have a bit more passion in their relationship right now.
If you had to do without a body part, which would you choose and why?
My tonsils – 100%. I’m about two bouts of tonsillitis away from giving myself a tonsillectomy…
What’s something that your mind always does, that you wish it wouldn’t?
Overthinks!! Which is ironic, as I always used to get told to think before I speak! It’s probably become even worse since becoming a mum – I doubt myself with so many things which then spirals into a big cloud of overthinking and results in me not even remembering the original thing I was worrying about!
Do you have a favourite photo of yourself? Why is it your favourite?
I have two actually. For very different reasons.
The first is a photo from my wedding, when we were saying our vows. I literally have the biggest cheeser on my face. I usually hate photos that are caught on the hop, especially when I’m grinning ear to ear, but I remember being the happiest I’ve ever felt up until that point, that the photo just takes me right back to that feeling.
The second is me posing for a photo right before competing in tough mudder. It’s body goals for me – realistically I’m never gonna get back to exactly that (hellllooooo mum hips & tum) but I was the fittest and strongest I’ve been, and these are two things I want to regain.
What subject could you give an on-the-spot 30 minute presentation on?
Anybody born in the 80s can surely relate to the fact that I know every single line/joke/inside leg measurement of the Friends characters?
Just me then…..
What trend do you hope comes back around? (This could be a trend in any field, not limited to fashion!)
The monobrow. Seriously, I can’t keep up with this perfect brow trend. What mum can maintain and afford these brows??? I have major brow envy of those that can….
If you had to ‘make’ something with your hands, what material would you work with, and why?
Oooooft. Silly putty! Such an underrated substance. I just wish that something worthwhile could be made from it 🙈🙈
What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you, that no one was around to see?
Probably the time when I was speaking to an elderly man on an empty bus and hadnt realised he’d fallen asleep halfway through my story. Must have been riveting eh?!
What is your ‘guilty pleasure’?
ITV daytime quiz shows….. Tenable, Tipping Point and then The Chase. I should be ashamed, but I’m not.
11 Facts about myself.
1) I have heterochromia in my eye. A random splodge of brown in my green eyes.
2) I have two degrees – I originally studied Psychology with German before going on to study nursing.
3) I started growing white hair in my teens….
4) I’m partial to watching a bit of football. I have my own fantasy football team and put a coupon on every Saturday.
5) I’m currently a nurse (although on maternity leave) but have always been very interested in midwifery. Since having my baby, this has intensified. Maybe one day….
6) We bought a house in 2015 that was a complete shell. Three years later, 7 rooms complete, 1 more and the garden to go!
7) I have a golden cocker spaniel called Hugo. He was my first born ginger child and he is treated very much like a human.
8) I’m what they call a ‘cold tattie.’ I love to sit against the radiator and have been known to heat myself up by using the hairdryer.
9) I much prefer reading over television – I love using my imagination to create characters and get really frustrated if the characters in the movie version don’t match up to the ones in my head. My favourite author is Jodi Picoult.
10) I honeymooned in Bali – we found a snake in our toilet AND a huntsman spider, both in one night in our villa in the jungle…
11) My biggest turn off is a pessimistic, woe is me type person. Having a bit of optimism in life makes it a far more enjoyable place.
My nominations – check them out 😀
My questions for nominated bloggers:
1) What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
2) What keeps you up at night?
3) Where is the best place you’ve visited and why?
4) When was the last time you got to tell someone ‘you told them so?’
5) What in your opinion, makes a healthy relationship ?
6) Would you rather hear everyone’s thoughts, Good and Bad, or be invisible for 50% of your life?
7) What is your favourite childhood memory?
8) If you had to choose one food that you had to eat every day, all day for an entire month, what would you go for?
9) What is your worst habit?
10) What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever bought?
11) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Congratulations to all nominated! I look forward to reading your posts!